Samsung Sold Just 800,000 Phones In China In The Second Quarter, And Its Market Share Dropped Below 1 Per Cent Again

- Aug 17, 2018-

On August 9, tomorrow is the samsung Galaxy Note9 release day, compared with the Galaxy last year Note8 released on August 23, there is no doubt that this year's flagship samsung Galaxy Note series confidential earlier than last year, just LianGuoHang version of the Galaxy Note9 in the August 15, or is nearly a month earlier than last year, as for samsung why worry Galaxy Note9, largely related to its mobile business performance, especially in the Chinese market.

Samsung's smartphone market share in China fell below 1% in the second quarter, according to a report from Strategy Analytics, a third-party research firm.

Samsung shipped just 800,000 units in the april-june quarter, with a 0.8 percent market share, ranking 12th in the Chinese smartphone market, down from 1.3 percent in the first quarter of 2018, the data showed.

This is not the first time the samsung's market share dropped below 1%, in 2017, samsung's market share fell below 1% in the fourth quarter, in the first quarter of 2018 to benefit from the Galaxy the release of the integrated series, samsung's market share rallied by 1.3%, compared to previous years samsung's market share of over 20%, less than 1% of the samsung market share now, quite a bit of a feeling of dying.

From another, a research firm IDC report also showed that the second quarter of China's smartphone market share of 86.9% by huawei, OPPO, vivo, millet, apple's occupation, the remaining 13.1% is samsung and other mobile phone manufacturers, compared to the same period last year 26.6%, samsung and other mobile phone manufacturer's market share in the increasingly eroded by huawei, situation is grim.

It remains to be seen whether the advance launch of the Galaxy Note9 will boost samsung's market share in China in the third quarter.