Laser marking is a very advanced marking technology, through the focus of laser engraving technology, will need to mark the characters, patterns engraved on the surface of objects.Compared with traditional printing technology, laser marking is characterized by good quality, high consistency, high abrasion resistance, high efficiency, cost saving and safety and reliability. It is widely used in PCB industry.
Technological progress in the market demand
With the rapid development of IT industry, smart phones, wearable electronics and other products are developing towards the slimming and miniaturization. Consumers have increasingly higher requirements for electronic products, and the production of PCB must keep improving.In order to control the quality of the production process of PCB board, the information such as marking characters, one-dimensional code and two-dimensional code on the PCB board has been traced and become the development trend of the industry.
Traditional printing technology is increasingly unable to meet the new market technology demand due to poor abrasion resistance, low precision, poor aesthetics and environmental pollution.Therefore, laser marking becomes a trend of PCB industry.
Defects in traditional printing technology
On the surface of PCB board, such as pattern drawing, company LOGO printing, contact information, two-dimensional code, etc., silk screen printing is usually used in traditional printing.Under the original market demand, traditional printing technology can also meet the market demand. However, with the continuous improvement of electronic product quality, consumers have higher and higher requirements, leading to higher and higher marking quality of PCB board in the market. Therefore, traditional printing technology cannot adapt to the new market demand, and its disadvantages are also increasingly obvious.
1. Poor abrasion resistance. The abrasion resistance mentioned here is not the abrasion resistance of metal materials. It refers to the situation that the ink on the surface of PCB is often blurred and faded when used.
2. Aesthetic requirements: the printing appearance of metal surface is relatively low-end, which is not suitable for some products with high requirements on appearance, such as commemorative medallion, metal business card, exquisite company publicity nameplate, handicraft description nameplate, etc., which cannot meet the appearance requirements.
3. In the ordinary printing process, chemical raw materials such as organic solvent and heavy metal elements need to be used. These substances are toxic to a certain degree and can cause personal injury to the silk printing staff.
Unique advantage of laser marking
The emergence of laser marking technology has successfully solved a series of problems existing in traditional printing technology.It features high precision, high speed and stable performance.Moreover, it only needs to be controlled by computer, and the operation is simple. It can print all kinds of complex patterns, words, two-dimensional code and other contents, which fully meets the existing high quality mark requirements of PCB industry.
Compared with traditional printing technology, laser marking technology has many advantages:
1. Good quality and wear resistance.The surface of PCB board can be marked with various logos, patterns, two-dimensional code and words, and the patterns are directly engraved on the material, with more prominent wear resistance.
2. High machining accuracy.When the laser beam is focused, the minimum spot diameter can reach up to 10um (UV laser).
3. High efficiency, simple operation and low cost.Users only need to set the parameters on the computer to mark directly, in a few seconds to a dozen seconds to complete the material surface marking.
4. Non-destructive marking.The laser marking adopts non-contact processing. The laser head does not touch the surface of the material, so the damage to the material does not need to be considered.
5. Wide range of use, safety and environmental protection.All kinds of thin metal/non-metal materials can be marked;
6. Stable performance and long service life of the equipment.With the development of technology, the service life of laser increased greatly and the service life of equipment increased greatly.
Application of UV laser marking and CO2 laser marking in PCB industry
In the laser marking application of PCB board, the most used are UV laser marking and CO2 laser marking.UV laser marking and CO2 laser marking have become the first choice technology for PCB surface marking due to their features of small thermal effect, good machining effect, high precision and fast speed.
Adopting the laser marking qr code technology in the PCB industry can trace the production, process and quality of PCB, realize the automatic and intelligent management requirements, and meet the requirements of lean production, quality control and process improvement.Marking qr code on the surface of PCB is a common demand of medium and high-end customers and has been widely used.